Steps To Take Before Buying A Dental Practice
Are you considering buying a dental practice but are unsure where to start?
Buying a dental practice UK can be a challenging and time consuming task, but with the right team of dental practice experts by your side, it can be done rather painlessly.
With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some steps to take before buying a dental practice in the UK:
- Get help early – Buying a dental practice can mean lots of time, effort, research, and paperwork. It can feel overwhelming. When you first begin looking for a dental practice, be sure to contact a dental broker. They can help you find the right practice to suit your needs and your budget. Retaining a buying agent, such as a dental broker, to represent you can make buying a dental practice easier than ever.
- Develop a budget – Preparing a budget can help you determine your personal expenses and just how much you’ll need to earn from your practice. The net income from your dental practice will need to cover your salary, and the loan payment for your practice as well. A dental broker can help you determine the average profits and losses of any dental practice you are interested in.
- Don’t forget the value of existing staff – The purchase of an existing practice typically includes its support staff, including hygienists, billing staff and others. These people are important to the success of your practice as they can make the transition smoother for both you and your patients. They also understand the business systems used to operate the practice which can give you a good start.
- Remember that the seller’s asking price may, or may not, reflect the practice’s true value – Before making an offer on any dental practice, do your research and decide if the practice is really worth the asking price. A dental broker with a history of dental practice valuation and financing can assist you and answer any questions about buying a dental practice.
- See it for yourself – Don’t take anything for granted when buying a dental practice. It is important to get a first-hand look at any practice. That way, you can ask questions, see the staff and the practice in action, and get an idea of staffing needs, patient flow, and cash flow.
Contact Pluto Partners
Pluto Partners’ expertise can help maximise the value of your dental practice, Director and Partner Max Bazzucchini is waiting to hear from you.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.